2020-2021 Reopening Plans
The Indiana Department of Education recently released guidance for the reopening of schools following the COVID-19 school closure. Many questions are being asked about what school will look like in August. We are cautious to provide too much detail as of yet.
Here’s what we do know about the next few months:
- We will survey our school community’s families to gain their perspective
- We will work with a committee of stakeholders to determine a plan
- We will provide a safe environment for our students and staff
- We will create a learning experience as close to normal as possible
- We will meet the academic and social-emotional needs of our students and staff
- The Pulaski County Health Department will be involved in this process, as we have been directed to respond to COVID-19 based on the local context
With the ever-changing guidance surrounding COVID-19, we want to provide only accurate information. We have purchased thermometers, hand sanitizer, and other cleaning products. And we are working to ensure that further purchases are essential to our plan for a safe reopening as that plan develops.
We will watch closely as Indiana completely reopens over the next month, as that will weigh heavily on all schools’ plans. We will communicate important changes with you as soon as we are able.
Thank you for taking the time to complete our parent survey and for your cooperation and support these last three months. The West Central community has been fantastic! We couldn’t have done it without you. We look forward to working with you in 2020-2021 to continue educating our community’s children.
Dan Zylstra, Superintendent
West Central Schools